Table of Contents
There are a lot of exercises that are meant to improve the results that you will get for your belly. However, there is a problem with most of them and it is what they lack in diversity. So, here are some belly workouts that you can do no matter who you are or where you are from. Plus our review of one popular slimming application for your phone that you can use to track your performance.
What are belly workouts?
Before diving into the different belly workouts that people can do, it is important to first know what they are. In a very simple way, belly workouts refer to exercises that focus on strengthening and toning the muscles of the abdomen. This means that those who do this kind of workout will achieve a better shape for their abdominals as well as improve their health.
Athletes, bodybuilders, gym-goers, and people who are seeking to improve their health and physique can all do belly workouts. People who fall into these categories often have the desire to stay in shape because that is what they need in order to become better at what they do, whether it is sports or business. Their bodies are used as a tool for their work so, staying healthy and fit is almost like breathing for them.
However, there are also people who do not fall into any of these categories whom should still do belly workouts. For example, kids who are growing fast have tight muscles around their abdomen which can get bloated if they move too much or stand out when they sit. People who are obese should join a gym or exercise at home so that they can reduce their weight.
Lastly, people who are suffering from certain health conditions, pregnant women, or even senior citizens can do belly workouts so that they can improve their overall fitness and well-being.
Scroll down till the end of this post to read our review of one of the popular free Slimming application that we recommend our clients nowadays.
Who should be doing belly workouts?
As we have briefly mentioned above, there are many kinds of people who should do belly workouts. The first group is athletes, bodybuilders, and gym-goers whose bodies are their tools for work. This is because they need to stay in shape in order to perform better at what they do best. Since the human body is a very complicated device, it does not take much effort to slow down the process of degeneration which is what they will get if they do not stay in shape.
Second, people who are obese should also join a gym or exercise at home. This is because the excess weight that they carry around their bodies can cause serious health problems like back pain and even hypertension. Belly workouts for obese people should focus on strengthening the core muscles because this will help them lose weight in a healthy manner.
Third, young people who are growing fast need to do belly workouts for two reasons. Firstly, their abdomen can bloat if they move around too much since their body is still developing. Secondly, exercising the muscle around the abdomen helps these kids stay hunched over when they sit down. This helps prevent back pain and other health conditions associated with hunched backs.
Belly workouts are also highly beneficial for senior citizens who are starting to feel the effects of old age. Since they cannot do intense exercises anymore, they need to focus on toning and strengthening their muscles so that they can stay in better shape or prevent some health problems from appearing.
Finally, people who suffer from certain health conditions should do belly workouts as well. For example, diabetics or those who have had a stroke need to exercise their muscles in order to improve their strength and flexibility. Belly workouts will help them achieve these goals and improve their overall health.
What are some examples of belly workouts?
There are a lot of workouts that can help strengthen the abdominal muscles. Some of these can be done at home while others require special equipment or certain sports facilities.
Here are some examples of belly workouts that people can do at home:
- Crunches – This exercise activates the muscles around the abdomen and improves core strength. People can do crunches by lying down flat on a mat with their legs bent. They should keep their feet about hip distance apart with hands placed under their lower back for support. Then, they have to slightly curl up their body but make sure that they only move from the waist up. This exercise can be done repeatedly for about 15 minutes.
- Planks – This exercise can be done on the floor or even better, against a wall for support. The user should place their forearms against the wall with elbows locked. They then have to raise their body up and put all of their weight on their toes and forearms. The goal is to form a straight line with the torso, neck, and head while keeping the abdomen contracted without letting it sag downwards.
- Seated twists – This exercise can help activate the muscles around the abdomen since it requires a lot of flexibility. The user can sit on a mat and stretch their arms out in front with palms facing down. Then, they have to twist their torso left and right while contracting the abdominal muscles for a few minutes each day or even every other day.
- Leg raises – This is one of the best belly workouts for those who want to strengthen and tone their abdominal muscles. People can do leg raises by lying flat on a mat and keeping their hands under their glutes for support. They then have to slightly curl up their body and lift both legs off the ground until they form a straight line from shoulders to knees. Then, they have to bring their knees back down and repeat the exercise.
- Twisting crunches – This exercise tones the muscles around the abdomen as well as improve core strength. People can do twisting crunches by lying flat on a mat with one hand placed behind their head. Then, they should slightly curl up their body until it forms a V and lift their legs off the ground. They should then twist their torso (keep their legs in place) and contract the abdominal muscles for a few seconds. Then, they have to bring their arms out to the front and curl up their body until it forms a straight line from head to toes. Then, they have to return to the initial position and repeat the exercise for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Russian twists – These exercises activate the muscles around the abdomen and improve core strength. People can do these by sitting on a mat with their knees bent and slightly raised off the ground. They should keep their feet together and hold a weight (medicine ball or a drink) in both hands, resting it on their thighs. Then, they have to twist their torso left and right for two to three minutes while keeping their shoulders still. They should do three sets of this workout each day.
- Side planks – These are great belly workouts for toning the abdominal muscles as well as improving core strength. People need to lie on one side with feet stacked over each other. Then, they have to prop up their body on one forearm while keeping their feet together and straight. They then have to raise their hips off the ground until their torso is in a straight line from head to feet. They can keep their legs firmly flexed or they can keep them extended if it’s difficult for them at first. The key is to keep the abdominal muscles contracted without moving too much. After a few seconds, they have to slowly lower their hips and repeat the exercise.
- Crunches – These are some of the most common belly workouts that people do because it mainly targets the upper and middle abdominal muscles. People can do crunches by lying flat with their back pressed against a mat and with hands placed behind the head. They then have to slightly curl up their body while contracting the abdominal muscles for a few seconds. Then, they have to slowly lower themselves against the mat and repeat it after 30 seconds or so.
What are the benefits of doing belly workouts?
Doing belly workouts have many benefits that can help women achieve a better physique. Some of these include:
- They reduce the risk of abdominal diseases – Do belly workouts to strengthen and tone your abdominal muscles so you can avoid being at risk for diseases such as type-2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular diseases, etc.
- They are effective in toning the body – Since belly workouts mainly target the abdominal muscles, they can help tone the body and look slimmer when combined with a cardio routine.
- They improve one’s balance – Do these workouts to strengthen your core, improving your balance, especially in elderly women who have a decreased sense of balance since they challenge small stabilizing muscles.
- They can be done at home – Belly workouts can be done easily at home without the help of any special equipment, which means women don’t have to spend much time in gyms.
- They are easy to do – There are many belly exercises that people can do quite easily because it mainly targets the abdominal muscles. The key is to stay still and raise or lower one’s body without too much strain.
See also Exercises With a Stability Ball That Works
Effective mobile applications for fast journey to a slim body
Weight loss apps are programs you can download to your mobile device that provide an easy and quick way to track your lifestyle habits, such as calorie intake and exercise.
Some apps have extra features such as support forums, barcode scanners, and the ability to sync with other health and fitness apps or devices. These features aim to keep you motivated toward your weight loss goal.
Many apps also provide specific support for people who follow keto, paleo, and vegan diets.
We recommend our fitness center clients not to subscribe to any paid applications until they try some of the most popular free apps. This way you will know if you like such approach to getting fit or if you prefer some real company to be around you.
We downloaded and tested several apps from Appstore and Google Play and discussed them with our clients. What we can say is that you can start with “NoFat – Weight Loss & Diet App” (Apple version and Android version). This application offers all major features for free (diet plan, personal training programs by goals and experience, tracking of results, customer support). Other apps will demand a paid subscription for this or will charge your Apple account as soon as you forget to unsubscribe from your free trial. You do not want to deal with that, so NoFat is a good way to see how effective applications can serve you.
Comments are closed